Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Make-up Story

I saw this awesome tag from Linny of http://clasydea66.blogspot.com/ and I thought I'd do this too since I think its fun and its a chance to express my opinions on certain things as well as to share my favorites and (historical background?):)) on make up. :)

♥ How old were you when you started wearing makeup? ♥
I think I started wearing makeup when I was 14/15 that was the first time I started putting tiny hints of color on my face. Clear/pink lipgloss and a pink blush. I tried it because one of my cousins gave me a bunch of make up items for my birthday. And then I got tired of putting stuff on my face so I stopped for almost a year (or two years I think) and then here I am , a complete make up junkie ;)

♥ How did you get into makeup? ♥
Woops I answered this already. hahaha but yeah started when my cousin gave me some stuff from maybelline to try out. Since she said I should start practicing.haha

♥ What are some of your favourite brands? ♥
MAC, Maybelline, Loreal, The Balm, Etude House, Covergirl, YSL, Shiseido, Mary Kay, Clinique

♥ What does make-up mean to you? ♥
Make up is not a mask. Its just something that helps me be more polished and confident. It enhances the features that I have and hides the flaws that I do not want to show the world :)

♥ If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? ♥
Foundation,Blush and Lipgloss

♥ What is your favourite thing about makeup? ♥
My favorite thing about makeup is that I can be creative and it makes me pretty at the same time. Cause we are painters. The face is our blank canvass and it is up to us to make our own masterpieces.

♥ What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup? ♥
I think that the drugstore make up has definitely improved through the years. Some of them have already matched the products of some high-end brands and people loves this because they can get the same look, and yet their pockets are still pretty happy and full. As for the high-end make up, I have nothing against them. I think they are great, most of them are worth buying and dupes cant really replicate the quality of the look that some high end brands can provide.I also liked the fact that a lot of high-end products are good for your skin and they usually don't create allergic reactions to people. I just wish that they can get rid of harmful ingredients like parabens to make them standout more :)

♥ What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? ♥
Read and Watch reviews when buying make-up for the first time. Make-up shopping can be very confusing and it may be overwhelming for some. Especially when you are in department stores and there are plenty of stuff to choose from, a lot of pink lipsticks, lipglosses, blushes, foundation etc. so what sets these products apart is their quality and unique shades that suit every skin type. So go online first and look at reviews, most of the time if the product is well loved and raved on blogs or in youtube, you can count that they really are good products to invest on. But then again, each make up preference is different so just use these reviews as a guide.

♥ What is one makeup trend you never understood? ♥
A very colorful make up look (you know, rainbow lids, exaggerated eyeliner, too thick false lashes, matched with bright cheeks and lips) I just think its not wearable no matter what the occasion is. I'd like it if it were at least one of each per look (bright lids, neutral lip and cheeks for example)

♥ What do you think of the Beauty Community on Youtube/Blogger? ♥
I think that its like the real world. Both full of real and fake people. I think its great to receive advice and other recommendations from random people, but then it would be nice if they can just keep it real when it comes to those things instead of making a profit for something thats not really that good. Its not wrong to get sponsors and get paid for something that you love and put so much effort because maybe you do deserve it, what is wrong is when you start raving about a product that you know is terrible and yet you still had guts to go on cam and tell your subscribers that "its great! the best thing ever!" and then these people who trust you comes running to the store and end up disappointed and broke.

♥ Who is your style icon? ♥
Leighton Meeister
Blake Lively
Sophia Bush


xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment