Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Body Shop Loose Powder in 01 & Benefit Boxed Powders/Blushers



I've been on the hunt for a good loose powder for a while now and I was already looking at the MAC loose powder but its sold out in MOA and Glorietta. I haven't tried looking at the Rockwell branch though but I bet they don't have it either. I really hate the crappy MAC counters in the Philippines. They do not have the nice stuff that you see on reviews or youtube videos. Mostly I get nice MAC stuff when I go on a trip elsewhere.So anyway I stumbled on this loose powder the other day and a lightbulb just popped out of my head and said "i'm getting this" immediately, i took out my wallet and walked out of the store, paperbag in hand. This is a nice powder, it almost doesnt show up on your skin so basically its like a setting powder when used with a large powder brush like the Sigma one which is very thick and fluffy. Its not a miracle product though since it really doesn't do anything special to the skin, but I guess its kinda good for my skin just because its from the Body Shop. Another thing I like about this is that the sifter jar doesn't have holes that are too big to the point that all of the powder will come up in the surface so you can just get the right amount for your face, you don't even have to pour some powder on the lid to control the amount which is a big plus for me because I don't really like messy loose powders. I'm not fond with the lid though because its like the UD 15th Anniversary Palette where your fingers will leave a lot of prints on the lid and it looks dirty overtime. Unless you don't mind wiping it off every once in a while. This product has two shades I got the lighter one and I got this on sale for like 50% off which is definitely a complete steal :)

Benefit Boxed Powders
(Actual pictures will be added soon or you can google it :))

The other day I receive my 3 benefit boxed powders: Coralista, Dandelion and Sugarbomb. Coralista is a pretty peachy color, Dandelion is like a light peach that doesn't really show up on my skin since its not a blush its a brightening powder. and Sugarbomb has four different colors and when swirled together it creates a pretty peachy-pinky-mauvey color... uhh i don't know I just don't know how to describe it its just really pretty :) Each product is about 12.0g and it comes with a brush which is quite soft and can be used when you're in a rush, but I like to use an angled contour brush for powder blushes. Worth the money but I think I would still prefer my the Balm blushes because of their staying power :)

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment