Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder




THE CLAIM : A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin.

--It's finely milled compared to other loose powders on the market who are kinda chunky and colored. This one, as the name suggest, is transparent. It may look white on the container but once it is applied you will not notice any color change or any streaks of white powder no matter what your skin tone is.Its very light so its really easy to use.It makes your make up last longer. What I don't like about it is the container. Since the product is too soft and fine, the powder just goes everywhere. They made the holes a little too big so what happened was that all the powder comes up into the surface. Now I've tried this in 3 different ways: before make up, after make up and this powder on moisturized skin as suggested.

BEFORE MAKE UP: I wouldn't really use this as a "primer" as the product label suggest just because I don't really notice any change on the texture of my skin or whatsoever with this put on before foundation.


AFTER MAKE UP: This transparent finishing powder is a great product to set your make up with. You can buff this in and blend to even out the color of a blush and it looks fantastic. Its semi-matte so its not too dry looking and its not oily looking either.


ON MOISTURIZED SKIN: I'd have to say that in this method the product is so-so. It doesn't give you coverage obviously cause its transparent but you would see that it'll make your pores look smaller. Like your face is sealed but bare. I also noticed that my skin got softer when I applied this so that's a plus for me. :)


I like this and I really want to LOVE this but I'm having a little doubts. Upon using this powder for two days, I noticed that smalls blemishes are forming on my face. Now I don't want to get all irrational and blame it on this product but I've read some reviews saying that this can break people out because of the ingredients in it like cornstarch? or whatever it is they were referring to. I really do hope that its the case for me because this is pretty expensive for a setting powder even if its 9g.It applies perfectly to my skin so I don't want to believe that its giving me acne. Oh and on the site(maccosmetics.com)the product content has been reduced to 8g :(

My rating:4 stars

xo.

3 comments:

  1. nope! I'm just starting to collect them :> I wanted YSL but that is too expensive :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some high end products like estee lauder, chanel and lancome but not YSL they're all expensive nga kaya I asked my dad to buy me those hihihi

    ReplyDelete