Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie





Not sure but I think this is the first book review that i've ever written for my blog. I know this blog is mostly about random thoughts and make up but I just thought it would also be nice for me to share my thoughts on the books i've read so that those who can see my blog gets an idea of what I love to read, what I hate and what I recommend for others to check out. So from now on I promise to do book reviews too no matter how short because I love books and I love talking to people about them. So....

The first book i'm going to post here is Matched by Ally Condie. Obviously this is not the first book i've read but this is the book that I finished and thought "someone should know how great this book is... And fast." so this isn't a new release or anything i've been thinking about getting this for months now especially when i got into the whole dystopian type of books but i never really picked up until i saw it on my favorite free ebook download site and i thought to myself "it's free, it looks interesting, so why the hell not?" so I did and I just started reading and within a few chapters, I was inlove with it and finished reading in a couple of hours. It's like you know the book is good when you just can't put it down and when you finally do, it's either you are finished or it's an emergency but you keep thinking about the book anyway.

"In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one… until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow — between perfection and passion."

Source:http://www.matched-book.com/matched-book.html

So there's the summary. It's better if you read the official gist itself than me telling you because i moght spoil everything for you. Lol. Anyway it was a bit similar to the giver which i'm sure was coincidental what with all the setting and all but the story unravels into something different and exciting. I love Ky Markham's character most because he is this humble genius that brings the mystery and the puzzle into the story. Cassia may be the focus of the first book in terms of the story line but she's the confused and i think the most gullible of all the characters. She kinda feels that she is in control because her life and the life of people around her is stable but then she finds out that that is not the case which is why the cover is a girl that is trapped in a glass orb because she was conditioned into an environment where she didn't know that she had a choice and even if she did knew a little, she didn't want to do anything about it out of comfort. Ky is a perfect match for her cause he makes the situation balanced and extraordinary... Atleast in my opinion. Xander, her bestfriend and the one she was supposedly matched to, seems to be the perfect match for her in the world where she is blind and gullible to the ways of the society, i guess that is the world inside that orb and Xander as a match in that life definitely fits the bill.. You know, perfection and comfort forever.. But that's gonna be a boring and unsatisfying life...


To me it is a great book, a little Philosophical which is a definite plus for me, Dystopian like the post end of the world scenario that is being predicted--non primitive but way simpler and strict way of living controlled by the strong and the intelligent leaders, etc. seemingly perfect but with consequences (as usual). I like this better than the hunger games but i just wish that the pace of the story could speed up a bit cause there were some "chill" parts that i think were unnecessary especially in the second book "crossed".


Oh by the way, this is a trilogy like the hunger games. This is the first book. The second is crossed which was just released recently, and the third is reached which is set to be released by october/november of this year.


5/5


Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment