Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Fitness Pal

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

(This is my ticker to track my weight loss!everytime i log on. pretty cool!)

Anyway,

As I have said on a number of my post here, I have been struggling with weight gain my weight is fluctuating all the time and I just don't know what to do anymore. I cancelled my gym membership and is now using this super awesome app called My Fitness Pal along with Shaun T's hiphop abs and might also try the 360 circuit training soon.. so about this app...


My Fitness Pal is an app for your ipad, iphone and itouch, also available on android. It is basically a calorie counter app where you can log on all the food that you have taken during the entire day and it will track your progress and you will see which food is good for you and which ones make you gain the unnecessary weight.

Once you have created your account it will ask you about your activities, height age and other necessary information to determine how much calories you should have in a day to either maintain or lose weight. Mine is 1200 calories per day. The way I list down the food i eat is i go look for it in their database (by the way, they have the largest database of the foods and their calorie content in all the diet apps on a smartphone i think). It's super easy and it makes me reflect on what I should be eating, I'm literally doing food math in my head.Once you finish logging all the food for the day a message will pop up and say " if everyday were like today you will weigh (insert predicted weight) in 5 weeks" something like that. Like you get motivated just by looking at that, I certainly did. They can also track your workout routine, like you log on, say 30 minutes of cardio, it will give you more calories to consume in a day to balance it all out. They also have a chart on what you consume like 55% protein 30% carbs and stuff like that. They make charts for you too so you can track if you're wait is fluctuating and if you need to change how you eat. You can add your friends for motivation so they can see your progress too :)

if you dont have a smartphone you can visit them here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com you can join too but it will be a bit hard to log the food your taking maybe you can write them in a diary and list down everything you ate when you can :) Same banana :)

Rating: 5/5!


xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment